For structures that have no entry steps, ConvertaStep also makes ramps of three sizes that come in a manual as well as automatic version.
This welcome mat converts into a fully accessible wheelchair ramp. Beautiful and functional design. I want it.
Some more info, for people who are interested.
First of all, I can’t believe this has almost 3,000 notes. I’m so glad that people are sharing this - both as a cool design, and also as an important accessibility feature.
Thanks to pseudosoph for linking to additional info (above) regarding weight limits, lift height, and product background — the creator is a wheelchair user himself! Very cool stuff. Keep sharing!
This is beautiful.
|1 hour ago||6,660 notes||via: lron-man
|2 hours ago||92,500 notes||via: captain-amehlika
Shout out to everyone dating their crush. You put yourself out there and look at you now. Wow. Proud of you.
|5 hours ago||318,895 notes||via: captain-amehlika
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
|5 hours ago||55,932 notes||via: lovecanbesostrange
I am very happy that this exists
|5 hours ago||917,987 notes||via: ruinedchildhood
date people you see yourself walking down Main Street of Disneyland with.
|5 hours ago||68,672 notes||via: sporadicdramatics
|5 hours ago||95,922 notes||via: illbethebrightest-youllsee
are you ready to get
|5 hours ago||88,435 notes||via: illbethebrightest-youllsee